This was another good day writing. My morning editing went well and I somehow transitioned right into adding more text.
The writing part is not difficult for me. One major stumbling block with the first novel was the book cover. I knew what I wanted, just not how to do it!
Really, I spent about a week trying to make a cover that the Kindle system would allow me to use. I couldn’t publish because I didn’t have a cover.
It was very frustrating!
Well, the good news is that a professional photographer noticed and we talked about getting a proper cover done. Actually, we talked about redoing the first cover and also making the next two.
I went over to his portfolio and spent some time browsing around until I found three photos that were a fit with the storyline.
When we talked, I mentioned that I would be happy to give him credit for the cover. But better than that, I plan to point others needing book covers to him on Facebook and in the writer’s forums. After all, as I’ve learned, I’m not the only one with this problem.
Running a word count for the work already done today I see that I’ve already added 1,900+ words to the novel. I’ll probably do more later, but that’s a nice afternoon’s work.
Happy writing, y’all!