That was aggravating as hell. . . . First, the cover art I wanted to use wouldn’t work – for various reasons that I later learned after reading about other people’s trial and errors for a couple days.
So . . . after spending hours studying the subject, I finally learned a few things. What I learned is that my first cover should not have been accepted either!
Anyway, I now have all the proper specs for a cover written down and know what is necessary. Except, I also know that I do not have the proper software to make a nice book cover. I do know how to take photos, though, and how to format them properly for a cover. What I can’t do yet is get the writing on the cover properly, in color, so it looks nice. All I can do now is black or white lettering.
So, here’s what I came up with for the new Walker II novel:
Yeah, not the best, to be sure. But it’ll have to do for a while as a placeholder to get the book published.
Then came all the little checkboxes and such Amazon wants filled out to publish a book. Some are a bit small for my old eyes and I had some problems with that. It doesn’t help that a couple of them are almost invisible and that there is no consistency in the style used in the three pages of stuff to fill out. So, that took me a day to get it all correct to Amazon’s satisfaction.
I checked the text formatting of the novel in the two systems I have available and it looked rather good – better than the first book. However, as I’ve read here and there, that doesn’t always mean that the book will look exactly like that when published; so we shall see what it looks like as soon as Amazon releases it.
Anyway . . . I’m done fooling around with that. So, now I can get to the part I wanted: writing the third book in the series!
Really, I wish all I had to do was the writing part. That’s easier than all the associated crap necessary to get something published.
Happy writing (and reading) y’all.